MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Thread: Rant about the prison system!

manda2777's: Worried

Default Rant about the prison system!

Ugh so my guy is in IHS (inmate health services)..he was in a lot of pain last night and called me from in his cell (they tablets that in addition to receiving Jpay's on they can now make phone calls) and he was in so much pain...his back...I think he might have a pinched nerve which I know from experience are extremely painful and there's not a whole lot that can be done aside from pain management. I hadn't heard from him at all so I called up there and they confirmed he had been admitted to IHS. I get off of work and called after work to get any updates and they wouldn't tell me anything other than he was still up there and that I would get a phone call from them if it was a life or death situation (which God willing it is not). It's just so frustrating and I feel so helpless. I just wanna talk to a nurse up there or something to see how he is and if he's ok. They wouldn't even transfer me to the medical unit. Like I'm his POA but even if I wasn't...like...ugh...I get that he's in prison and not at the Cleveland Clinic but it's just so upsetting like he's still a person and he has people that care about him and whenever I call up there the staff is super unhelpful and they talk to you like you're the gum on the bottom of their shoe...they just don't wanna be bothered and they don't care. He committed a crime, he's paying for it, his family and myself did nothing...why are you so rude? I wish there was more transparency or better lines of communication for family. He's my person you know?
    Oh-my-God, is that a black caaarrrdd? I turned around and replied "why yes, but I prefer the term African American express.

Spriggs944's: Fine

Default Re: Rant about the prison system!

Quote Originally Posted by manda2777 View Post
    Ugh so my guy is in IHS (inmate health services)..he was in a lot of pain last night and called me from in his cell (they tablets that in addition to receiving Jpay's on they can now make phone calls) and he was in so much pain...his back...I think he might have a pinched nerve which I know from experience are extremely painful and there's not a whole lot that can be done aside from pain management. I hadn't heard from him at all so I called up there and they confirmed he had been admitted to IHS. I get off of work and called after work to get any updates and they wouldn't tell me anything other than he was still up there and that I would get a phone call from them if it was a life or death situation (which God willing it is not). It's just so frustrating and I feel so helpless. I just wanna talk to a nurse up there or something to see how he is and if he's ok. They wouldn't even transfer me to the medical unit. Like I'm his POA but even if I wasn't...like...ugh...I get that he's in prison and not at the Cleveland Clinic but it's just so upsetting like he's still a person and he has people that care about him and whenever I call up there the staff is super unhelpful and they talk to you like you're the gum on the bottom of their shoe...they just don't wanna be bothered and they don't care. He committed a crime, he's paying for it, his family and myself did nothing...why are you so rude? I wish there was more transparency or better lines of communication for family. He's my person you know?
    Yes. I am completely with you on this. We get treated like we are guilty by association half of the time. I hope that it is him that you get to speak to next though and he is in less pain. Or preferably no pain!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.
    William Ernest Henley