MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What type of inmates get a lot of mail? Do female inmates get more than males?

Default Re: What type of inmates get a lot of mail? Do female inmates get more than males?

That's true Solo I tell my boyfriend I'm going to run away with one of my penpals because they listen to me more than he does. He appears to be unconcerned
    I have a very strong friendship with my AZ pp he's a big smarty pants and he's educated me a lot. Still finding my feet with my Texas pp. We are still getting to know each other.

Linny's: Happy

Default Re: What type of inmates get a lot of mail? Do female inmates get more than males?

Quote Originally Posted by Earthmother View Post
    I once saw a male advert which consisted of the following introduction: "Write me."

I was tempted to respond in kind with a letter that simply said: "Why?"
    I had the same reaction when I read your message. Except I'd have put the word "me" on that piece of paper. It's what he asked, after all!
    Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got. - Janis Joplin

The ads that the women write are usually focused on getting them a male penpal. There is no harm in a woman responding to them and seeing if the inmate wants to write. It doesn't mean the female inmate will automatically fall for you or ask you for things or expect to be paroled to your address.

To ask well, to answer rightly,
    Are the marks of a wise man:
    Men must speak of men's deeds,
    What happens may not be hidden.
    ~ The Havamal

I've been writing to my female pen pal for 5 years and am the only one she writes to now. From her ad on here she received several disrespecful sex letters from men and a couple of letters from women offering kind words but who didn't respond when she wrote back to them.

She said recently that putting an ad on Write a prisoner was one of the best decisions she has ever made.Because of the ad and a small allowance i send her she has been able to speak to her children by telephone.She hadnt spoken to her children for 8 years but that changed earlier this year and it was a positive experience for them all.One of her children told her that she keeps her photo in her school folder which obviously was a good thing for my penpal to know.Without Write a prisoner she wouldn't have had the $25 needed for the phone calls because she has zero funding from family or other people.

Xtina's: Cheerful

About a year ago I was interested in getting a new PP and thought about writing to a girl, just for something different. Over time, I wrote to 4 different girls, all around my age and none who had anything in their profiles about wanting 'anything more' which made me think they might be happy to have a friend on the outside to vent to and just escape from their prison life. But unfortunately, not one of them replied. I definitely think it has a lot to do with being surrounded by women 24/7 and probably wanting a guy to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtina View Post
    About a year ago I was interested in getting a new PP and thought about writing to a girl, just for something different. Over time, I wrote to 4 different girls, all around my age and none who had anything in their profiles about wanting 'anything more' which made me think they might be happy to have a friend on the outside to vent to and just escape from their prison life. But unfortunately, not one of them replied. I definitely think it has a lot to do with being surrounded by women 24/7 and probably wanting a guy to talk to.
    Aww, sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. I hope you found some other pals who did work out.

As a male I only write to female inmates.
    Not a big thing but I guess they maybe are a little
    more lonely.
    Away from there friends and family.

The Heart knows what the Heart knows.
    Or maybe it's the photos.

That's why I don't write to females, some of them seem cool but they don't need more woman friends lol.

Still writing to mine

To ask well, to answer rightly,
    Are the marks of a wise man:
    Men must speak of men's deeds,
    What happens may not be hidden.
    ~ The Havamal