MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Thread: What book to gift for my older friend's birthday ?

Default What book to gift for my older friend's birthday ?

A friend of mine will soon celebrate his birthday, he'll be 74 (well, he's an old inmate). We've been writing since many years and he is someone who loves reading, spirituality ... I would like to send him a small gift, something not too expensive, so I thought about a book with daily quotes. I searched on Amazon but not easy to choose ... Any suggestion? I cannot spend more than $ 10.

Default Re: What book to gift for my older friend's birthday ?

This book is $11 but it seems like what you are describing: https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Book-Po...iritual+quotes

I would say maybe biography or Autobiography
    kind of books.
    Will seem interesting reading for a lot of PPs.
    (you can send cheap used ones for a good price)

I am not sure how much it is, but how about a book called Baptism of Fire by Frank Collins. He took a journey from being one of the most elite special forces soldiers (SAS) To being a priest.
    Frank started his life as a petty criminal, then, after joining the SAS he became one of the men to raid the Iranian Embassy to end the siege there & he spent some time on secondment with the American Delta Force. Then he became a priest with the Church of England.
    Every person has their own story.

To MemyselfandI and Daxi : thank you very much for your suggestions, indeed both of "your" books seems very interesting! The first with daily quotes is what I'm looking for my friend's birthday present. But also the Baptism of Fire seems an amazing story (and it cost ONLY 1.91$ !). Come back to Amazon now... Thx again for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces_Lion View Post
    A friend of mine will soon celebrate his birthday, he'll be 74 (well, he's an old inmate). We've been writing since many years and he is someone who loves reading, spirituality ... I would like to send him a small gift, something not too expensive, so I thought about a book with daily quotes. I searched on Amazon but not easy to choose ... Any suggestion? I cannot spend more than $ 10.
    You might have ordered it already but just in case... I also order books at www.imailtoprison.com. Jane Gray is really helpful and knows a lot about books, also books that are approved. Not only for Texas.

Personally I always make my Amazon book purchases $25 or slightly more, just to get the free shipping. You get more bang for your money that way. Shop on Amazon.COM the American site, not the UK site, Canadian or wherever you're from.

$10 won't get you much off Amazon these days, if shipping has to be included in that amount.