MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the longest you have waited for an answer?

Default What's the longest you have waited for an answer?

Hello guys,
    Im concerned as Im left with no news of my PP for 1month now..he is located in Texas but has not been transferred during Harvey. What is the longest you had wait? I've heard that even if he is the hole he may be able to receive and, send mail. Is that true? Im in France for the record. Thank u guys

Default Re: What's the longest you have waited for an answer?

Yes he would be able to receive mail but if he has run out of supplies then he wont be able to send anything out.

I've gone 7 weeks without hearing from hubby before. It just happens sometimes.

To ask well, to answer rightly,
    Are the marks of a wise man:
    Men must speak of men's deeds,
    What happens may not be hidden.
    ~ The Havamal

I think like a month but my pen pal in Texas is usually pretty quick. His letters get to me before my CA pen pals do. I wouldn't worry about it. 1.) My pp is in Tennessee Colony so wasn't really affected and 2.) I bet he just ran out of supplies like Sunray Wench said.

My friend went to seg and all of his property went to storage, including the writing materials I had supplied him. He borrowed a white sheet of paper and used money from his account for a stamp to tell me he had been moved. I sent new supplies to him the very day I received his letter. It took and still takes 3 weeks to get anything to him. We are 200 miles from one another. I receive his letters in 3 days.

If his facility allows it, send a couple of sheets of paper and a couple of self addressed stamped envelopes to him until you can provide supplies. That is, if you are willing/able to do so.

If you do send supplies, be sure to check the allowable weight.

My hubby is in the Allred Unit, but I'm not sure if they allow S.A.S.E. at any of the TDCJ units. I know they can send stamps out for sure though. Also, they get 5 indigent stamps a month but I am not sure if they provide envelopes or paper. However, I sometimes include a few extra sheets of writing paper each letter to my hubby. You simply have to write their name and TDCJ number in pencil on each sheet.

I just checked the TDCJ website. They do provide paper and envelopes to indigent offenders if they request it. I didn't find anything on sending the self addressed stamped envelopes though.

Hope that helps. I know a few people at different units, if you want to private message me his info, I'll see if I can find out something for you.

No, you cannot send writing supplies to TDCJ inmates, and you cannot purchase stamps for them from eComm, only paper, envelopes or pens.

To ask well, to answer rightly,
    Are the marks of a wise man:
    Men must speak of men's deeds,
    What happens may not be hidden.
    ~ The Havamal

California state prisons allow paper, stamps, and envelopes to be sent to inmates.

I am in the same situation as ririwo37. I am also in france and I have no news of my pp since the 27 of august. I'm worried and I hope he's okay. my pp is in california

Zascha's: Breezy

I think 4-5 weeks is the longest I've waited and I'm in Europe.

Im in Europe as Well. But right now it's been 6weeks with no news. I've sent my last mail at the same time as Harvey hurricane, dunno if it provoked some further delay..as my Pp Is in Texas.