MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Thread: Online P.O. Box

Default Online P.O. Box

I was wondering, are any of you using digital, online postboxes such as clevvermail.com for correspondence with your penpals. If so, what is your experience?

I decided to apply for one in Canada to shorten the delivery time, compared to sending letters overseas.

Default Re: Online P.O. Box

I had used one a few years back called mailboxforwarding. It worked well for me. My only complaint is they wouldn't just automatically scan mail. They would only scan the envelope, then you had to request them to scan the actual mail, which would take at least another 24 hours. If you're writing to people in the u.s., getting a u.s. address would probably work best, since then they can just use the normal 49 cent first class stamp instead of the 1.15 international.

Default Re: Online P.O. Box

Thanks for your response. I understand your point, their website indeed state that scanning the actual letter will take another 24 hours.

Your advice getting a U.S. address, I have tried to but U.S. law requires anyone using a P.O. Box to have some sort of document notarized, which costs 75 bucks. That's why I got a Canadian one, even though I realise that it will cost my PP more.