MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Thread: Does anyone know who are approved vendors for California Prisions?

Wink Does anyone know who are approved vendors for California Prisions?

Hey y'all, hope everyone is doing good. So I've tried looking on the website, I even found a DOC handbook. Neither were very clear.

I asked my pen pal but I'm too impatient to wait for a answer. I'm assuming Amazon, Barnes and noble are cool. I asked him what the policy is on used books. (I'm broke but I still like giving friends little cheap gifts).

Default Re: Does anyone know who are approved vendors for California Prisions?

In topics concerning sending books I always see https://www.hamiltonbook.com coming up.
    Whether you can or cannot send used books should be on the California DOC website. Look for their policy concerning mail, that's a separate document and is not the inmate handbook.

Hello, I found this page: http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Visitors/Approved_Vendors.html
    There seems to be some other requirements like maximum weight, how many packages can be received how often, etc.. Any time there's limits I'd like to check with the penpal first because I'd hate to use up say their quarterly package allotment for a small gift and then maybe a larger package with clothing, etc., gets denied because they already received a package for that quarter. For normal books I thought I saw it said the inmate can have a maximum of 10 books in their possession, so when they receive new books they can 'trade in' old books at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by porcupine73 View Post
    Hello, I found this page: http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Visitors/Approved_Vendors.html
    There seems to be some other requirements like maximum weight, how many packages can be received how often, etc.. Any time there's limits I'd like to check with the penpal first because I'd hate to use up say their quarterly package allotment for a small gift and then maybe a larger package with clothing, etc., gets denied because they already received a package for that quarter. For normal books I thought I saw it said the inmate can have a maximum of 10 books in their possession, so when they receive new books they can 'trade in' old books at the same time.
    Yeah I think it's just best to wait. Lol. I get overly excited to send gifts and always end up ruining the surprise anyways.

I can understand that lol, it is so nice to want to give friends gifts.