MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reading different threads about people whose pen pals have turned romantic?

Smile Reading different threads about people whose pen pals have turned romantic?

I was reading different threads and people kept mentioning their boyfriend is in prison and that they started as pen pals or whatever.

I'm really curious about the stories, like how did you fall for them, how is it never having met them (or met during visitation hours but never on the outside).

I like reading cute stories so please share

Moonlampje's: Artistic

Default Re: Reading different threads about people whose pen pals have turned romantic?

Wow, where to start, lol
    I visited my boyfriend (now fiance, because he asked me to marry him a couple of months ago) for the first time back in february. We started out as penfriends a little over 4 years ago, because a facebook friend if mine was already writing with him and she asked me if I was willing to become his penfriend. He is always on the lookout for new penfriends, so I said: oh well, why not.

About a year and a half into our friendship he started catching feelings for me and eventhough he was too chickensh*t to outright admit to his feelings, he dropped little hints. And a year after that I noticed that I liked him more than I actually wanted to admit. I also didn't want to give in to those feelings I started to have, because he has about 29 years left on his sentence. It wouldn't be fair to him to say: okay, let's jump into this, and not being able to fulfill that promise. And that is not because someone else might come along, because I like my life alone too much, lol.

But then I visited him for 2 days in a row... I got the chance to hug him, kiss him, hold him, talk to him... and we talked a lot, also about what our hopes and dreams for the future are. We agreed about the fact that we want eachother to be happy and if that might mean that we have to (or are going to) split up for that eventually, then so be it. We also agreed to always stay friends if such a thing might happen. I just told him that I love him with all my heart but that I can't make any long term promises. He's fine with that as long as I don't ban him from my life, lol. I left Florida totally in love and confident that we can pull through all that shizz. Time will just have to tell, though. For now we are both taking things one day at a time, and it seems to be working.

Here's my Christmas Jitters Fanfiction in the making. Would love some feedback:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1261520...istmas-Jitters

Default Re: Reading different threads about people whose pen pals have turned romantic?

Oh and to add: This isn't an easy journey, or one I would advise to other people. It sucks being all the way over in The Netherlands and him being in Florida. We're not able to call or videochat, I'm not able to visit him (last time was very unexpected). We only have letters and postcards for the upcoming 29 years... I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

That's so cool. Yeah, you mentioned about your bf so it sort of inspired this. post. I forget what thread it was.

Congratulations!! I understand you perfectly. I am in a relationship for the last 7 years with a man who is incarcelated last 30 years. He will leave prison in next 10 years. We are trying this can be as soon as be possible. We talk by phone every day and we see every year, I take 10 days in year and visit him every day that prison allow. I don't know if you can get extensives visits in Florida system. I visit Daniel to Wisconsin and I can get 4 extensives visits (5 hours every visit) in the year because I am going from Spain. We try enjoy every moment that we are together. Wisconsin is for me my second home. Nice people and nice land. Training day, there are not visits in prison, I visit places of his childhood and youth, take pics and it's amazing to share his memories together. It's true, harder thing is cannot be too much affections each other and mediterranian people... we are really affectives and it's difficult to me change this of me. Inmates have a switch that allow them to change holding you with all their being and suddenly be coldest person in world!!. I always tell to my Daniel. How you can do it??? Did you feel this with your fiance?? Did He hold you and in a moment change for prison rules?. I think is importan live in the moment and solve problems when appear, don't need to worry thinking about things that have not happened yet. I am looking forward to see him again next June.
    Last edited by MissMMartin; 08-28-2017 at 09:23 AM.

I'm not exactly sure if I understand what you mean, MissMMartin, but my snugglebug never changes for anything. Not even during visit. He is always very respectful, loving and whatever else positive adjective you can think of. We only got one warning during visit, because were trying to bend the rules on hugging, lol.

Blog Entries
    gooddog's: Inspired

I think what MissMartin may mean is that he can go from hugging you to turning the cold back on around other inmates so as not to show feelings or appear vulnerable or whatever. Not turn cold towards you. At least, that's what I got out of what she wrote. Although, we've all heard stories of the greatest guy in the world getting out of prison and becoming some completely "other" way of acting.

Is that your puppy? He's? She's? So freaking cute! Hope your family, you, and puppets are safe!

Wow. You must be really really patient. I think I read on another thread, your pen pal and you became romantic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gooddog View Post
    I think what MissMartin may mean is that he can go from hugging you to turning the cold back on around other inmates so as not to show feelings or appear vulnerable or whatever. Not turn cold towards you. At least, that's what I got out of what she wrote. Although, we've all heard stories of the greatest guy in the world getting out of prison and becoming some completely "other" way of acting.
    Oooooohhhh, that makes more sense, lol thanks for explaining. But he doesn't do that at all, every person in that prison knows how he feels about me. and even when I came to visit him, his buddies were all like: "man, that's your girl, hurry up!"