MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "All your pen pals will eventually ask for something" small rant

Default Re: "All your pen pals will eventually ask for something" small rant

Quote Originally Posted by Teacuplittle View Post
    Ok, so small rant. My friend posted on Facebook that she deleted Plenty of Fish (dating app) because all the men looked like inmates, like their profile pictures are from inside the cell. I commented Hey, inmates need love too, lol. She keeps saying not for me blah blah blah. Basically the conversation ended with her saying that all my pen pals will ask me for packages, money, and whatever else. It irked me because not everybody is the same. I value her as a friend but god, she is ignorant a lot of the time.
    True, but sometimes it goes the other way men who
    write to women.
    They might"ask for something".(small rant from a guy)

Sporadium's: Snobbish

I would find it odd if someone didn't ask for something. My friends on the outside ask for things from time to time. It is a perfectly normal part of any friendship or relationship. It is only an issue if it is either it is inappropriate for the nature of the relationship (such as if you have just started talking) or it is a request of substantial value in either money or time. Ultimately, it comes down to the person being asked to assess the suitability of the request. However, as we have seen on here, many people have their moron blinkers on when dealing with penpal requests.

Moonlampje's: Artistic

moron blinkers... you, sir, win the interwebz today

Here's my Christmas Jitters Fanfiction in the making. Would love some feedback:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1261520...istmas-Jitters

Quote Originally Posted by Sporadium View Post
    I would find it odd if someone didn't ask for something. My friends on the outside ask for things from time to time. It is a perfectly normal part of any friendship or relationship. It is only an issue if it is either it is inappropriate for the nature of the relationship (such as if you have just started talking) or it is a request of substantial value in either money or time. Ultimately, it comes down to the person being asked to assess the suitability of the request. However, as we have seen on here, many people have their moron blinkers on when dealing with penpal requests.
    Moron blinkers ... love it. Lol