MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "All your pen pals will eventually ask for something" small rant

Angry "All your pen pals will eventually ask for something" small rant

Ok, so small rant. My friend posted on Facebook that she deleted Plenty of Fish (dating app) because all the men looked like inmates, like their profile pictures are from inside the cell. I commented Hey, inmates need love too, lol. She keeps saying not for me blah blah blah. Basically the conversation ended with her saying that all my pen pals will ask me for packages, money, and whatever else. It irked me because not everybody is the same. I value her as a friend but god, she is ignorant a lot of the time.

Moonlampje's: Artistic

Default Re: "All your pen pals will eventually ask for something" small rant

well, to be honest with you: a lot of those guys aren't in there for their sweaty feet, and yes: a lot of them will use gullible/naive penfriends to get money or food, or packages or whatever. I do agree that your friend is exaggerating and generalizing. A good thing that is mentioned on a regular basis over here is: don't send anything that you can't afford or don't want to lose. If that means that the friendship hou have has to come to an end, then so be it.

But there are also a lot of really good guys in there, the ones that really want to establish long lasting friendships and will never take advantage of their penfriends.

Here's my Christmas Jitters Fanfiction in the making. Would love some feedback:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1261520...istmas-Jitters

I like to think I used good judgement in picking my pen pails. I mean of course there are bad guys and they do take advantage. I just hated how she generalized it.

Then this mean that... are all men the same??? If your friend delete the dating app because all men looked like inmates and are not... problem must be men!!!. Prison is like out of prison. Some persons are good, some persons are bad, some persons want to take avantatge of people...I always tell my Daniel that the best of them is that they cannot hide who are. You can have a friend, a husband, a boyfriend and then know that is a thief, a killer, a drugs trafficant... but prisoners can not hide this. So I never would draw upon an dating app because I don't know what type of person are there but I know what type of person are in write in prisoner.

Spriggs944's: In Love

Yeah my man has asked me for something- My love and support. Occasionally he'll ask me to research something for him too - other times it's just to pass his love on to his mom or
    Some info on his upcoming food visit.
    Has he ever asked me for money? No. Have I ever sent it? Yes.
    It's enough to cover some of the phone calls (he has a prepaid account) but often he foots the cost out of his 40c ph job.
    I sent him a SecurePak once - he sent me a box of commissary long before that though.
    I send him cd's sometimes. He tells me I shouldn't but we share a love for music and I can't resist!
    Would he love it if someone sent him money and SecurePaks all the time - enough for him to live extremely comfortably? Of course! He'd hate to admit it but is honest enough that he would.
    I love my boyfriend. I've been in a relationship with him for 4 years now but I'm aware that he has a manipulative side also. I shut it straight down - it's not going to work with me. I think he could definitely take advantage of someone if they weren't as headstrong. It's usually only with getting his own way within our relationship - not him demanding or asking for things- and he'll sulk and then get over it! He has so many great qualities but I know that his negative traits were there even before he ever stepped foot inside a prison.

thanks everyone for reading my rant. My friend is really ignorant (there's other things she's said or done that has gotten to me).

Aww. Yeah, I don't think any inmate is perfect. I know there will be one sooner or later that will try to manipulate me. When that day comes, I will shut it down.I want to send my pp's books but that's my choice. I like giving little gifts to friends and I've only been writing since May, I would consider one or two of them friends.

What's a SecurePak?

Moonlampje's: Artistic

securepack is a care package you can send to your penpal. They can have one of those a couple of times a year, but they can only get one, so make sure that your penpal isn't already getting one. (google inmate care package + the state your pp is in, and you'll find it)

Here's my Christmas Jitters Fanfiction in the making. Would love some feedback:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1261520...istmas-Jitters

Quote Originally Posted by Teacuplittle View Post
    Ok, so small rant. My friend posted on Facebook that she deleted Plenty of Fish (dating app) because all the men looked like inmates, like their profile pictures are from inside the cell. I commented Hey, inmates need love too, lol. She keeps saying not for me blah blah blah. Basically the conversation ended with her saying that all my pen pals will ask me for packages, money, and whatever else. It irked me because not everybody is the same. I value her as a friend but god, she is ignorant a lot of the time.
    had to laugh at this, Plenty of Fish is where hubby and I first started talking, and now look where we are!

A lot will ask for something, and some wont ask for anything. A bit like the people you meet outside of prison.

To ask well, to answer rightly,
    Are the marks of a wise man:
    Men must speak of men's deeds,
    What happens may not be hidden.
    ~ The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by sunray's wench View Post
    had to laugh at this, Plenty of Fish is where hubby and I first started talking, and now look where we are!

A lot will ask for something, and some wont ask for anything. A bit like the people you meet outside of prison.
    The funniest part is she likes guys from the "hood." She also lives in a nice area of Sacramento, lol. She's weird and picky.