MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visiting PPs

Hometown/State: Molalla, Oregon Currently: Michigan
    Jeeprollover's: Lurking

Default Re: Visiting PPs

I visit my PP about twice a month. The biggest issue I have with any of it is going through the security checkpoint. Depending on who is working at the moment you have to go through determines how good or bad the process is. Other than that, it isn't that bad. You get to know the routine after a while, so you know what you can and can't take with you. Now, you are only allowed to take your ID, a debit card issued by the facility, and a locker key back to the visiting room. No jewelry, no money, no wallets, no food or drink is allowed to pass through the security checkpoint. The check point is a vestibule with two doors, one on each side. They close the back door and lock it, open the front door and let you in, then close it behind you and lock it. You walk through a detector that detects metal, and any large mass - plastic, leather, paper, etc. If you make the buzzer go off, they use a wand to find out what it is, and if it is not allowed, they make you exit the front and tell you not to come back until next visiting day, and, they count that visit against your PP, even if you didn't get to see them. If you pass the detector, then you sit in a chair, and take your shoes and socks off, and hand them to the guard for inspection. They then ask you to raise your feet so they can see the bottom of your feet. If it looks okay, then they give you your shoes and socks back and you put them back on. Once they are on, you then stand up, and they have you stick out your tongue, then, they have you turn around, and you have to fold your ears back so they can see behind the ears.... what they are checking for is any contraband, and specifically, drugs. People have found very unique ways to bring them into the prison. Once you have been cleared, they open the back door, and allow you to proceed down to the visiting room.
    It's not the situation that causes the problem, it's YOUR REACTION to the situation that causes the problem.

I try visit Daniel every year because I am from Spain and he asks for extensives visits. I don't know why but always are really nice with me in the lobby when I going through the security checkpoint. Daniel tell me that is because I am the only person in prison that visit an immate and travel of Europe, and they are surprise. I always have problem with my bra metals rod and every time they make me go to the restroom, take off, then when I pass again security checkpoint, they open another different restroom to put on. But like I already know, if I can I ask to the guard a paper box to leave my bra before while I am waiting for the control and if they see me already ask me if I need. They see me for a 10 days in the visits every day that is possible have visits, then they already know me. You are right, it's your reaction to the situation that causes the problem. I try to be nice and if something I don't understand or I didn't see in the visits rules I ask them and never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMMartin View Post
    I try visit Daniel every year because I am from Spain and he asks for extensives visits. I don't know why but always are really nice with me in the lobby when I going through the security checkpoint. Daniel tell me that is because I am the only person in prison that visit an immate and travel of Europe, and they are surprise. I always have problem with my bra metals rod and every time they make me go to the restroom, take off, then when I pass again security checkpoint, they open another different restroom to put on. But like I already know, if I can I ask to the guard a paper box to leave my bra before while I am waiting for the control and if they see me already ask me if I need. They see me for a 10 days in the visits every day that is possible have visits, then they already know me. You are right, it's your reaction to the situation that causes the problem. I try to be nice and if something I don't understand or I didn't see in the visits rules I ask them and never had a problem.
    I don't understand. Why don't you wear just a bra without an underwire?

All facilities are different. The two I've been did not require the removal or socks or to look under one's feet or behind the ears. No all facilities use wands. Jewelry was permitted in both facilities.

I kind of want to visit my pp's. I'm still in the beginning stages of writing them though. One has already asked if he could call me.I just asked how much they were and who be paying lol. So while it'll be awhile before it comes up, I'm open to it. I know this doesn't exactly answer the question but I'm bored lol.