MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long to get an answer??

Default Re: How long to get an answer??

You are welcome Ririwoo. I've been writing maybe 6 months. For me it started with someone I learned of that was in London and then expanded to a couple others.
    Do you think your pal has access to the postage to write back to France? It shouldn't be too much of an issue, currently $1.15 in postage gets a 1 ounce letter worldwide out of the U.S. Inside the U.S. it is $0.49, so international is a bit over twice that amount.

Yes I know that is much more expensive. But he was ready to correspond overseas in his ad. So let's wait and see! ur penpal in London has a long time to spend in jail? Have u ever considered meeting him? Where are u from?

Hello Ririwoo I'm glad to hear your pal did have willing to correspond overseas in the ad. Postage shouldn't be a problem for that person then. It seems inmates are all different, some have next to nothing, and some have plenty deposited to their trust account to be able to buy things. The person in London I write to currently - I believe he has about 4 years on his sentence. I do plan to meet him some day. I just received a letter from him today actually and it was so good. I live in Buffalo, NY USA which is a bit south of Niagara Falls.

I hope you get a response. From what I've seen others say that sometimes if you don't get a response in a month or two you can try one more time just in case the first letter didn't make it through for some reason, but that you won't always get a response from everyone you write to for any of a number of reasons, so in that case it can help to just pick out another prisoner or two and try again.

Some prisoners also have so many pen pals that they are too busy for new ones. :-) Especially when they are "famous cases", you know what I mean? But - of course - there could be much more reasons, why some guys don't answer. My first penpal hadn't written my address correct, but the postman here was so smart, that he knew, where he has to put the letter. So I get the letter, but just by accident. :-)

I got a reply!!!! OMG im so excited!!!-😃😃 i will receive it by tomorrow. I cant wait. That feeling when u know that person so far away from you can be so close of u is speechless right?!! @porcupine73 it is like we should switch our places lol. I know London it is such a great City. It is not too far from my place. If ever u want to come visit him I could go with u if u like it would be ur first time in Europe? So it took 3 weeks from France to Texas to get a reply you guys.