MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Thread: Photo Printers

Default Photo Printers

I have been in the habit of sending photos in every letter I mail to my pen pal, because they really get a kick out of them, and use them for scarpbooking and all sorts of little projects. I send everything you can imagine, from pictures of me, to cars or animals, people, places, memes off the internet. They are allowed 15 regular size photos per letter. My local Wal-Mart recently jacked up their prices on photos from 10 cents each to 22 cents. More than double the price. So, what used to cost me $1.50 is now $3.30.

I've been thinking it might be worth while to invest in a good printer that can print out good quality color photos. Does anyone have experience with this? Any suggestions on a good reasonably priced machine that will produce roughly the same quality as you'd get from a photo finishing place?

Also, do you think the prison would make an issue out of it that they aren't professionally printed photos?

Thanks!

Default Re: Photo Printers

I have a pixma mx 725 printer by Canon. The quality of the photos is better than most printer in the stores. So I'm very happy with it. Prior we had a HP printer, it's quality was also very good for photos.
    I send these printed photos in every letter to my PP in Arizona and they arrived all.

Thanks very much. I'll look up both those models in Amazon right now.

My pen pal is in Arizona too, btw, so good to know it will work!

The printers themselves don't usually seem to cost much, but for some a set of ink cartridges seems to cost nearly as much as the printer. I don't know what the effective cost per print is i.e. if using photo paper. The thing has to be used at least once every couple weeks else it seems they just dry and cake up and are ready for the scrap heap.