MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No response

Default No response

Hey there.
    I've got a pretty awesome pp.. we clicked from the very first letter...
    in his last letter he included 3 pics for me and he told me that it is VERY important to get all of them back!
    Here is where the drama begins-
    I only received TWO of them!!!
    So I wrote a quick j-pay in which I wrote him that I never received the third one and that someone must have stolen it-(the first dumb thing I've done?!)
    Then I decided to send the letter out with an ensurance- the tracking shows me that the letter arrived at his facility on the 26th of June-
    I know that it takes some time til they get their post and that it takes a Little time (1-2 days; we always answer each other asap!) to write a letter back in return BUT I haven't received anything until today and now I am worried if he isn't allowed to write me anymore?
    Or if he won't answer me, because one pic is missing..
    Or if he even got the ENCURANCED letter..(I was sending out a copy on the 27th of june cause my gut instinct told me to do so-haha)

What do you guys think about this?
    How long should I wait and what should I do if I don't hear back from him?

Serah

Default Re: No response

There could be a million and 1 reasons why no response just take it with a grain of salt he will contact you if he's interested. People don't realize that there is no obligation (on the inmates part OR the outside persons part) to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Serah View Post
    Hey there.
    in his last letter he included 3 pics for me and he told me that it is VERY important to get all of them back!
    So I wrote a quick j-pay in which I wrote him that I never received the third one and that someone must have stolen it-(the first dumb thing I've done?!)
    Then I decided to send the letter out with an ensurance- the tracking shows me that the letter arrived at his facility on the 26th of June-
    I know that it takes some time til they get their post and that it takes a Little time (1-2 days; we always answer each other asap!) to write a letter back in return BUT I haven't received anything until today and now I am worried if he isn't allowed to write me anymore?
    Or if he even got the ENCURANCED letter..(I was sending out a copy on the 27th of june cause my gut instinct told me to do so-haha)

Serah
    Hey there, sometimes my letters take about four weeks
    to return.
    That my PP lives in the USA and I live here in Canada.
    Just hope all the best for you.

@geminibeast-
    Thank you for your answer!
    I know that there are a million could be's-
    Just thought somebody could tell me about their experiences and maybe something positive "turnouts"- in this situation
    @willbenice- thank you very much!
    I will let you know how things turned out "in the end"

Hey there.

Serah
    OK, you don't say where he is, and that could have an impact on the turnaround times to and from Germany.
    It's not uncommon for things to 'fall out' of envelopes in states or prisons where the inmates are not permitted to seal their own mail (eg Texas). It's unfortunate, but there is nothing you can do about it. He will just have to understand, and you might find that he wrote 3, but actually only put 2 photos in the envelop in the first place. Some people have problems with numbers.

As for sending tracked or insured mail, some prisons don't accept it unless it's legal mail. Generally it's not worth the extra expense for international mail. Try not to send originals of anything through the mail unless you have to, stick to copies (and make extra copies in case the originals disappear on their way back!).

Give it a couple of weeks and then maybe send another Jpay. They seem to be more reliable.

To ask well, to answer rightly,
    Are the marks of a wise man:
    Men must speak of men's deeds,
    What happens may not be hidden.
    ~ The Havamal

@sunray's wench; thank you for your answer!
    Yes, his facility is in texas-
    I know that the post takes a while to arrive here in germany- and I'm new to all this, but the other three letters took about 2 1/2 weeks-
    I know I'm impatient as hell and my mind is spinning 100 crazy reasons why I haven't heard from him- just hope that he is ok and that he believes me..
    But it's good to hear some of your opinions and experiences- it's uplifting

He might not have any stamps or envelopes. Remember those things are not cheap for an inmate and often they have to wait until they get State pay or money on their books from a family member to buy them from the commissary store. Most prisons will give 1 free stamped envelope per month to inmates who are classified as "destitute".

@sunray's wench; thank you for your answer!
    Yes, his facility is in texas-
    I know that the post takes a while to arrive here in germany- and I'm new to all this, but the other three letters took about 2 1/2 weeks-
    I know I'm impatient as hell and my mind is spinning 100 crazy reasons why I haven't heard from him- just hope that he is ok and that he believes me..
    But it's good to hear some of your opinions and experiences- it's uplifting
    Welcome to Texas TDCJ inmates are not permitted to seal their outgoing mail, so it is more than possible one photo fell out. I'm sure he'll believe you and just accept that it happens sometimes.

He may have run out of supplies, and if he's on lockdown then he wont be able to go to the store and get any more. Lockdowns can last any length of time, so the only thing I can suggest is that you send him a little card while you are waiting and try and be patient.

To ask well, to answer rightly,
    Are the marks of a wise man:
    Men must speak of men's deeds,
    What happens may not be hidden.
    ~ The Havamal

which facility in Texas is he in? I know a few of them are having issues right now.

He is in Allred