MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Thread: Profile Alert - This member hasn't received any mail yet!

Default Profile Alert - This member hasn't received any mail yet!

Profile Alert - This member hasn't received any mail yet! What is that message on a profile based on? Is it something the inmate does to make that appear on their profile? Or is it maybe something to do with the 'type and print' or 'email' links not having been used by anyone? Thanks.

DAI Guest

Default Re: Profile Alert - This member hasn't received any mail yet!

I'm not sure how it works, but suspect it could be where no mail is sent through the mail system here, unless inmates are allowed to send a review of their level of success after a specific length of time? It is predominantly males there, which comes as no surprise. I have written to several and see that their names are still on the list - I don't go through the mail system here.

Thank you DAI. I also noticed accidentally by Google search that the alt text for the 'hasn't received any mail yet' icon has the date that the 'hasn't received any mail yet' note was put on the listing. There's so many men that have that listed on their profile.

There's a couple particular things I'm looking for and found probably a dozen matches in the 'hasn't received mail yet' category. One when I refreshed it days later I noticed the notification was then removed. I wrote to two so far but it hasn't yet been enough time to hear back (if I hear back).

I'm a male just looking to make some platonic friends so I decided to write to men with similar interests for now. I noticed there were only two women that had 'hadn't received any mail' on their profiles and that has to be a red flag for a scam I think, because their profiles were 'fishing' for writers for sure. It seemed like almost all the new women profiles said 'bi-sexual'. I mean I know that's like more and more an 'in thing' but it just seemed weird that such a high percentage would say that.

DAI Guest

Another problem with the listing is that it is alphabetical, so you cannot see - unless you use the alt-text - who really hasn't been receiving any, and who has just been put on the list. As to the women, I'll make no comment on that, there are many far worse profiles where mail is being received.

I also decided to write to male inmates - all of my letters are platonic - and was surprised by the high response rate, and some very intelligent replies too. For anyone who is only interested in writing letters and not in romance or titilation, I'd recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by DAI View Post
    Another problem with the listing is that it is alphabetical, so you cannot see - unless you use the alt-text - who really hasn't been receiving any, and who has just been put on the list. As to the women, I'll make no comment on that, there are many far worse profiles where mail is being received.

I also decided to write to male inmates - all of my letters are platonic - and was surprised by the high response rate, and some very intelligent replies too. For anyone who is only interested in writing letters and not in romance or titilation, I'd recommend it.
    what is alt text?

DAI Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Girl On Fire View Post
    what is alt text?
    alt text is an alternative text which is embedded within a photograph or other image file as a description, and which can be read by search engines. Some web sites allow you to see the alt text when you place your mouse on an image, some have an alternative comment text there.