MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First phone call!

Default Re: First phone call!

Thanks, Dai.

Quote Originally Posted by sjc View Post
    Your response was completely uncalled for.

From reading previous posts It seems to me that you catch romantic feelings for all your pen pals so of course it's not surprising this new one has become your boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    From reading previous posts It seems to me that you catch romantic feelings for all your pen pals so of course it's not surprising this new one has become your boyfriend.
    Not only completely uncalled for and utterly stupid, Andi, but also untrue. Wind your neck in please, and let people enjoy the site rather than trying to kill it with your generous comments.
    Epistula enim non erubescit - Marcus Tullius Cicero.

Quote Originally Posted by DAI View Post
    Not only completely uncalled for and utterly stupid, Andi, but also untrue. Wind your neck in please, and let people enjoy the site rather than trying to kill it with your generous comments.
    I'm entitled to my opinion and if you don't like it use the ignore function on the website. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    I'm entitled to my opinion and if you don't like it use the ignore function on the website. Cheers!
    Of course you are, and I am sure that you have a valid opinion which could be shared with others and be worthwhile. However, also checking back through your latest posts here, you seem to have slipped into a rut where you are rude to people, which is not only a shame but also, for everyone else, disruptive. It puts new members here off posting or staying around to see what is happening. Your earlier posts were interesting, relevant, and didn't attack or insult other people: how about we go back to that excellent style of writing and airing your opinion?
    Epistula enim non erubescit - Marcus Tullius Cicero.

Dai,

Thanks for your support and comments. Your comments were spot on. I appreciate it. I thought coming to this site could provide support from other pen pals while friends and family might find my situation difficult to understand. It's proven both for this site. Support and people who seem to be bitter and delight in ridiculing others. Unfortunate.

I wonder if we could build each other up instead of tearing one another down.

Have a great Monday, everyone.

Dai,

Thanks for your support and comments. Your comments were spot on. I appreciate it. I thought coming to this site could provide support from other pen pals while friends and family might find my situation difficult to understand. It's proven both for this site. Support and people who seem to be bitter and delight in ridiculing others. Unfortunate.

That is the intent of the forum... never feel uncomfortable sharing. Just as we say don't judge inmates we should never judge each other. We do not always agree but hey always agreeing would be so dull lol. However we can disagree respectfully and with courtesy.

David
    Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see - Mark Twain

Dai,

Unfortunately this forum has never been known as a place for any support, especially with MWI relationships. I finally said to heck with the snarky type comments and posted anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by natalieandjames View Post
    Unfortunately this forum has never been known as a place for any support, especially with MWI relationships.
    ^^That's an over generalization. While, it is true that there is a tendency for many members to strip off the sugar coating (which some may interpret as unsupportive because it isn't exactly what they want to hear), there's been plenty of good advice and support offered to posters over the years.

It's could be argued that it's pretty unsupportive to tar the forum with a one colour paints all brush.

I am writing my pen pal for almost six months now. We Jpay every day once, send one long snail mail a month and talk every Tuesday for about 2 hours on the phone. One might think we must run out of topics to talk about but no, the more we talk and discuss, the more topics come up with.