MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deceitful Female Penpal UPDATE!!

Default Re: Deceitful Female Penpal UPDATE!!

I agree with you 100%!!!

Blog Entries
    gooddog's: Inspired

I should clarify: would you (meaning anyone) give astounding amounts of money to people in the free world that came with a sob story? Don't make it prison specific. The rule is not to give ANYONE large sums of money. You can have empathy, offer suggestions, help in many ways but funding someone is not the way. I don't think relationships work out very well where this is the dynamic, in or out of prison. And we already know not to do this with relatives.

If you're set up to lend money at least get it in writing and don't do it on a handshake.

Every year angels donate anonymously to help people out around the holidays, very large sums of money. Clearly, some people DO have the means to offer financial aid to others that struggle. I just say do it in a way that is going to be positive and not give to liars and takers or because you're trying to ensure relationship stability.

Blog Entries

I should clarify: would you (meaning anyone) give astounding amounts of money to people in the free world that came with a sob story? Don't make it prison specific. The rule is not to give ANYONE large sums of money. You can have empathy, offer suggestions, help in many ways but funding someone is not the way. I don't think relationships work out very well where this is the dynamic, in or out of prison. And we already know not to do this with relatives.

If you're set up to lend money at least get it in writing and don't do it on a handshake.

Every year angels donate anonymously to help people out around the holidays, very large sums of money. Clearly, some people DO have the means to offer financial aid to others that struggle. I just say do it in a way that is going to be positive and not give to liars and takers or because you're trying to ensure relationship stability.

That's true:-) Had I not never been to prison myself I wouldn't be able to relate to people in prison. Being that I can actually relate is why I would send money here and there. But I totally agree with what you are saying 100%!!

Blog Entries

I think a lot of people send money here and there and that is very nice of them but there are just too many sad stories of people spending thousands in these relationships. I think it's always a red flag in or out of prison when one person is funding another person in over the top ways especially if they are not married/legally or jointly owning property, sharing custody of kids or invested equally in the relationship.