MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Thread: Made me sad

Default Made me sad

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...a.edpilkington

I know it's an old article from 2007 but reading this made me really sad. So many young lives wasted...

Earthmother's: Lurking

Default Re: Made me sad

Quote Originally Posted by Rashmi View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...a.edpilkington

I know it's an old article from 2007 but reading this made me really sad. So many young lives wasted...
    I am no US citizen but it should be illegal if i remember right, because there was a US supreme court decision which stated that life without parole for children (i forgett the age) is a cruel and unusual punishment.

DAI Guest

What made me sad about the whole thing - leaving aside what I believe to be the illegality of life without parole for children - is the fact that the Judge didn't see through the bargaining argument of the real killer. He gets a lesser sentence despite having physically killed the victim, while she gets life without parole for effectively having been there and nothing more. This is, for me, one case of a life being needlessly destroyed.

FreakLikeMe's: Cloud_9

Quote Originally Posted by DAI View Post
    What made me sad about the whole thing - leaving aside what I believe to be the illegality of life without parole for children - is the fact that the Judge didn't see through the bargaining argument of the real killer. He gets a lesser sentence despite having physically killed the victim, while she gets life without parole for effectively having been there and nothing more. This is, for me, one case of a life being needlessly destroyed.
    This is how it ends up in alot of cases, my husband got the death penalty, when the admitted killer got life, two others got 40 years, one supplied the bullets and car. Crime couldn't of taken place without them, but he was walking the streets few years later, my husband was the only one who didn't plea bargain. The sentence hardly ever is in proportion with the crime.
    " Your time is limited, dont waste it living someone elses life"

"If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again."

Hometown/State: Molalla, Oregon Currently: Michigan
    Jeeprollover's: Lurking

It's not the situation that causes the problem, it's YOUR REACTION to the situation that causes the problem.