MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum

Thread: no contact with both pps for over 2 months

Default no contact with both pps for over 2 months

Hi guys! I haven't been on in awhile! Is anyone else in AUS having trouble with mail at the moment? I have two pos Texas and Arkansas and its been two months since Iv heard from them. Either of them. I have sent are you alright emails/Klaus but I don't want to push if they both dont feel a connection. I have been writing both since june this year. Anyone able to shed some light please? Or should I just leave it? I'm alittle upset but I guess I don't know the situation.

Thankyou.

Default Re: no contact with both pps for over 2 months

Hello I am not in Australia but from Canada and my pp is in Texas as well and I have not heard from him in a few weeks so I am not sure what is going on. I may send another letter in the interim and just chalk it up to "snail" mail. Hope you hear from them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2724 View Post
    Hello I am not in Australia but from Canada and my pp is in Texas as well and I have not heard from him in a few weeks so I am not sure what is going on. I may send another letter in the interim and just chalk it up to "snail" mail. Hope you hear from them soon.
    have you heard anything this month from your penpal hopeful??

I received 1 from Texas just a few days ago. Took quite some time to get. Same with the 1 from Colorado. I am a bit concerned about my pp in Maryland as i have yet to hear from him and it's been well over a month. Have you heard from your Texas pp yet? It may take twice as long for you being in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2724 View Post
    I received 1 from Texas just a few days ago. Took quite some time to get. Same with the 1 from Colorado. I am a bit concerned about my pp in Maryland as i have yet to hear from him and it's been well over a month. Have you heard from your Texas pp yet? It may take twice as long for you being in Australia.
    For whatever reason some people just decide to not write so I wouldn't be too concerned. I'd wait a few more weeks and if they don't respond go ahead and choose someone else. You might not want to pick someone in the same state (and for sure not the same prison) for awhile as they may still decide to write. You could end up in a sticky situation should they end up knowing each other. It doesn't happen often, but enough that it could.

There was a lock down in Texas a few months ago, so things may have become tough, or it may have become hard to find stamps. I'm still waiting. If you don't hear anything, you might just go ahead and find someone new to write to.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieGuy View Post
    There was a lock down in Texas a few months ago, so things may have become tough, or it may have become hard to find stamps. I'm still waiting. If you don't hear anything, you might just go ahead and find someone new to write to.
    There are lockdowns going on at the various 100 plus prisons under the TDCJ all the time. For varying reasons. Lockdown does not generally impede mail delivery in my experience. But there could be a dozen other reasons that have to do with the individual prisoner's life and available resources. Or, like Amantha says, it could also be that the inmate just decides not to reply.
    "Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow!" ~ Norman Vincent Peale

''The road back home is never too long'' ~ Amish proverb

I made this experience, too. One of my pals hasn't write for 5 months. I was really concerned. I have written a letter and two cards. Nothing came back. Then I wrote another letter and he answered quickly. He doesn't get the cards I have send.... It can happen so much in prison that we can't imagine... He explained me his situation and now I know, that I don't have to be concerned, if he writes not as often I wish he would do.

One of my guys suffers from depression. That being said, this is one reason why he did not write for a long while now.
    Also Overseas, it happens like 4 times already letters got lost.
    How long do u write with them?
    I had a pal who stopped writing after he got a picture from me
    maybe it didn´t fit.

Hope u get answer, other than that, I would look for 2 more pals.