MUST BE 18 OR OLDER - MUST READ TERMS OF SERVICE You Are On: Forum
 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
Like Tree50Likes
Introductions & Stories Discuss what were your first experiences with writing and recieving a letter ? in the Non-Prison Related Issues forums; Because today was the first time I send a letter, I would like to know who you felt and what ...
  1. #1
    ilseke's Avatar
    ilseke is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    411
    Blog Entries
    1

    Question what were your first experiences with writing and recieving a letter ?

    Because today was the first time I send a letter, I would like to know who you felt and what your thoughts were on writing and receiving the first letter.

  2. #2
    ilseke's Avatar
    ilseke is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    411
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: what were your first experiences with writing and recieving a letter ?

    sorry i mean how you felt ... (english is not my native language so forgive me if i make a few mistakes )

  3. #3
    Lee. is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: what were your first experiences with writing and recieving a letter ?

    I think it's like trying anything else for the first time, a bit unsure etc but when you get a pen pal that you get on with the waiting ( at least in my experience ) seems to get worse because you have rapport going with the person. I wrote to a few over the course of a few months, some responded, some didn't. The ones that didn't respond after a couple of months went by were pretty much forgotten about but when you click with a person it's great. I started writing in January and didn't know what to expect, if you want to know anything put a thread on here and somebody will always try and help you.

    All in all it's been a positive experience for me, infact I'm about to write to a couple more prospective pen pals.
    ilseke likes this.

  4. #4
    drinkwater Guest

    Default Re: what were your first experiences with writing and recieving a letter ?

    Well when I went through the WAP ads, I saw one prospective PP that sounded perfect for me (only looking for a friendship, arty etc) So I wrote to him but just so I wasn't hanging around waiting for too long, I wrote to three others as well. Of the three, two of them took their profiles down whilst I just never heard from the third one.

    A while back I got a letter from the first guy I wrote to, and let me just say the feeling is wonderful! When you pick someone to write to and they write back its a great feeling, but its even better when they seem like just your type of person to be friends with Now we have letters going back and forth (only takes a few days!) and its great! Seriously, you wont regret this esp if you find someone that you gel with.
    ilseke likes this.

  5. #5
    ilseke's Avatar
    ilseke is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    411
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: what were your first experiences with writing and recieving a letter ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drinkwater View Post
    Well when I went through the WAP ads, I saw one prospective PP that sounded perfect for me (only looking for a friendship, arty etc) So I wrote to him but just so I wasn't hanging around waiting for too long, I wrote to three others as well. Of the three, two of them took their profiles down whilst I just never heard from the third one.

    A while back I got a letter from the first guy I wrote to, and let me just say the feeling is wonderful! When you pick someone to write to and they write back its a great feeling, but its even better when they seem like just your type of person to be friends with Now we have letters going back and forth (only takes a few days!) and its great! Seriously, you wont regret this esp if you find someone that you gel with.
    Hey
    That's why I chose someone who's my own age and someone older who has set goals for himself when he gets out.
    But the thing is, I don't think I'm going to get a letter soon because Belgium and Amercia is not so close to each other

  6. #6
    sweetcami's Avatar
    sweetcami is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    479
    Blog Entries
    3
    sweetcami's: Psychedelic

    Default Re: what were your first experiences with writing and recieving a letter ?

    ilseke, welcome to wap

    I live in sweden and the letters take about 5 days, I dont think it be much difference from Belgium
    ilseke likes this.
    "To look backward for a while is to refresh the eye, to restore it, and to render it the more fit, for its prime function of looking forward"

  7. #7
    drinkwater Guest

    Default Re: what were your first experiences with writing and recieving a letter ?

    Im in the UK and I write to Arizona. It takes about 5 days there and five back. My pp sent a letter on the 29th, the USPS processed it on the 30th) and I had it on the 4th of Oct. It can be fast, but maybe a little longer for you. But I wouldn't think it would take months or anything!
    ilseke likes this.

  8. #8
    ilseke's Avatar
    ilseke is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    411
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: what were your first experiences with writing and recieving a letter ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drinkwater View Post
    Im in the UK and I write to Arizona. It takes about 5 days there and five back. My pp sent a letter on the 29th, the USPS processed it on the 30th) and I had it on the 4th of Oct. It can be fast, but maybe a little longer for you. But I wouldn't think it would take months or anything!
    It shouldn't be that much longer then, becasue the UK and Belgium is just a ferry or a train away from each other

  9. #9
    drinkwater Guest

    Default Re: what were your first experiences with writing and recieving a letter ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilseke View Post
    It shouldn't be that much longer then, becasue the UK and Belgium is just a ferry or a train away from each other
    Yeah, just ad another day to it lol

  10. #10
    ilseke's Avatar
    ilseke is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    411
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: what were your first experiences with writing and recieving a letter ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drinkwater View Post
    Yeah, just ad another day to it lol
    haha ok I'll keep that in mind

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Letter Writing Implements
    By Mirror Man in forum Off Topic Chatter
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 11:44 PM
  2. Writing your first letter
    By Sweets06 in forum General Prison Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 06:27 PM
  3. writing my very first letter to my very first penpal :)
    By augustangel in forum General Prison Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 07:04 PM
  4. Writing the First Letter
    By RaspberryGal in forum General Prison Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 12:16 AM
  5. ART OF LETTER WRITING
    By robdefrees in forum General Prison Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 09:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
spacer
Visit our sponsors
Email  Report Problem 
BBB Chamber of Commerce
2000-2013 WriteAPrisoner.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Must be 18 to be viewing this website and have read our Terms of Service.